Whether your passion is for traditional crafts, theater, writing, drumming, or just embracing it all, you’ll find lots to love in Pickens this month.
PACA Annual Meeting & Sharing features artist Mark Walker - Save the Date: Thurs. Feb. 13, 5 p.m.
Once a year, PACA pulls together the crazy quilt of Pickens songsters, painters, historians, writers, potters, actors, creative groups and individuals – and the people who love them – to socialize and catch up on news.
This year, we’ll also hold a short brainstorming session for new ideas about collaboration in the arts and culture. We’ll give prizes for the best ideas – real or fantasy!
Our featured artist on our inaugural quarterly poster of events was Mark Walker, and he’ll be celebrated at the meeting. You will be able to view his art, including the original from the poster, and hear about his newest work, a play for stage.
Socializing starts at 5 p.m. with refreshments. Please come and invite all your friends – membership in PACA is not required.
Members will elect the new PACA board members. More details in a separate email.
Same venue as last year: Pickens Room, downstairs at the county administration building, 1266 E. Church Street. We’ll have signs and guides to show the way.
- “The Lion in Winter” at Tater Patch continues to February 8. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m., Sunday matinee Feb. 2 is at 2 p.m.
- Drum Circle continues to pound the sound on Feb. 11 – the second Tuesday of each month – at Sharptop Arts Association. Socializing at 5:30 p.m., drumming at 6 p.m. No need to have experience – or even a drum! Children welcome. It’s free.
- A workshop on Gourd Craft - making instruments, food storage, water dippers, bird houses – will be at Sharptop on Feb. 15-16, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Suggested donation is $95, other options available. This is part of the Yonah Earthskills Ancestral Arts Series.
- Make a Felt Dog workshop with Jeanette Bottari on Feb. 22, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., $35 plus some supply costs, at Sharptop.
- Casual Classics Concert Series features the nationally known Franklin Pond String Quartet with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s Principal Flute Christina Smith, on Feb. 24 at 7 p.m., New Lebanon Baptist Church, 389 Bent Tree Drive.
- Sharptop Members have a Valentine’s brunch followed by studio hangout time, starting at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday Feb. 12, and their annual meeting on Feb. 20 at 5:30 p.m. to elect a new board.
- The month closes with a fresh breeze blowing us into March: Sharptop Arts Association’s Youth Art Month, which starts with the elementary school exhibit Feb. 27 through March 8. PACA is pleased to be a sponsor of Youth Arts Month. More details about Youth Arts in next month’s newsletter.
For all Sharptop events, you can get further info by leaving a message at 706-692-0101 or email [email protected]
And another thing …
Please let us know about upcoming events! One simple online form – click here. If you need help with the form, there’s a video – click here - or written instructions – click here.