According to PACA President, Amelia McIntyre, the association will hold it’s annual meeting Monday, April 24th at 5:30 pm. This year’s theme is “Step Forward for the Arts”. The meeting will be held at the Pickens County Administration Building community room. The public is invited to attend. There is no charge.
Homemade chili, soup,and cornbread will be available at 5:30 and the meeting will begin at 6:00 pm. There will be an overview of the year and a peek into the future.
Get ready to enjoy a hilarious show with a Christmas theme and something fun for the whole family. Dad and daughter Beth are getting ready to feed the extended family on Christmas Eve. Mom is stuck at the airport trying to get home from Vermont. Aunt Rose and Uncle Leo are bickering. Aunt Bunny is into everything and Uncle Bud is wishing he was somewhere else, while their daughter, Tracy, is just bored with the whole thing. Sound pretty typical so far? So there’s a busybody neighbor, cute blue-hair boyfriend, his little sister, the friendly neighborhood cop and… DING-DONG! …. WHO’S THAT AT THE DOOR? Well, that’s when the whole show gets really crazy, so you’ll have to come see for yourself.
Join us in celebrating the 2016 Spring Quarter Featured Artist Get To The Pointe Dance Center (GTTP) on April 24, 2016.
Owned by Carla Jarrett and Lauren Bail, this studio opened in 2009 in Jasper. In 2015, they built and opened a new location on Noah Drive, near Johnny’s Pizza. Currently, GTTP offers classes to over 230 students in Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Creative Movement, Musical Theatre, and Kinderdance.
PACA will host a reception for GTTP on Sunday, April 24th, at 2PM-4PM. Refreshments will be served and tours of the new building offered. Visitors will have the chance to see a few dancers during the event too.
The location is 575 Noah Drive, Jasper, GA 30143.
Learn more about Get To The Pointe and their offerings by visiting www.gettothepointedance.com
Join us Thursday, January 21st, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Woodbridge Inn to celebrate Pickens County chef, author, and TV personality Hans Rueffert. There will be a Q&A session with Hans to hear and learn about what led him to be the celebrity chef.
Light hors d’oeuvres will be served. Make plans to stay and treat yourself to dinner with Hans and the Woodbridge Inn rrestaurant afterward.
Join your neighbors at the Pickens Arts and Cultural Alliance Annual Meeting on February 26th to hear from many different voices in the community. Art, music, theater, literature, history, natural history, culinary, dance, fiber arts, photography, pottery, and more – PACA loves it all. Learn what local individuals and organizations did in 2014, and what is in the works for 2015.
Holly, Jolly Good Arts and Culture
This December will host holly and jolly good times in Jasper and all of Pickens County as we celebrate the Season, the change of seasons, and conclusion of 2014!
- During December visit the Pickens County Library to enjoy the many beautiful and unique trees decorated by local businesses and organizations that will be on display. While you are there, take your left over holiday cards and participate in a holiday card exchange – for each one you leave take a new one. For more information please contact the Pickens County Library at 706-692-5411.
- Dec 6 The 8th Annual Night of Lights sponsored by the Jasper Merchants Association. The theme is ‘Old Fashioned Jasper Christmas’. The celebration will include Parade of Lights making its way from North to South Main. Other events include: A visit and sit down with Santa Claus, local choirs, marketplace of food and craft vendors, a special Lighting of the Tree ceremony and more. Starts at 3pm, Lighting of Christmas Tree 5:45 pm. Parade at 6pm
- Dec 11-12th 8th Annual Live Nativity & Festival of Lights at Wildwood Christian Academy. Drive through the campus and enjoy Wildwood’s Christmas Gift to the Community featuring Live Nativity, Festival of Lights, enchanting Christmas trees, Santa’s Village, Carolers and much more. Donations will support Sheriff’s Foundation of Pickens County 6-8pm
- Dec 6 Big Canoe inaugural Winter Ball at the Clubhouse at Lake Sconti. Limited to 170 people and reservations are required. Cost $65 per person. Contact Becca Weck to reserve your spot or for additional information,firstname.lastname@example.org. 6pm
- Dec 31 Party Local! New Year’s Eve Downtown Jasper – DJ, Dancing, Photo Booth, Vendors, Fireworks & More! Bring in 2015 in Downtown Jasper, GA
- Dec 31 Rocco’s New Year’s Eve with Live Music by Roadhouse starts 8pm